Sarah Wadey is the founder and co-partner of Crafty Sew&So. She has many years of sewing and design industry experience and is passionate about encouraging learning by sharing her skills with others
Live Online Workshop - Sewing Machine Mat
BOOK NOW! Bookings close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday.
This is a Live Online Workshop - Sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
In this 3 hour long tutored online class you will make a handy Sewing Machine Storage Mat. Perfect for storing your tools while sewing.
What you will learn:
- Use wadding
- Layer wadding and fabrics
- Quilt your fabrics
- Add pockets with binding and top stitching
- Use binding to finish the edges
- Create a hanging loop
What is included:
A fabric and materials kit is provided for this project. This will be posted to you straight after booking.
Please let us know what kit you would like in the comments section when booking. Fabrics are a mix of plains and coordinating prints. Choose from:
We will provide a coordinating binding unless a particular colour is requested.
You also have the option to provide your own kit. You will need to make sure you have the following materials...
Your kit includes:
- Template and instructions
- 75cm x 110cm Cotton fabric
- 75cm x 100cm Wadding
- 2.5m of 2.5cm/1 inch wide bias binding
You will need:
- Ruler and marking pens/chalk
- Sharp fabric scissors or rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat
- Sewing machine with straight stitches and a universal needle
- Iron and an ironing board
- Pins and basic sewing kit (a kit list will be sent to you)
You will also receive:
- Guide to sewing woven fabric
- Sewing kit list
- Zoom video set-up guide
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking.