Dressmaking - Button Through Dress or Skirt
Make a button through woven dress using your choice from our carefully selected range of simple patterns.
The techniques learned in this session require basic dressmaking experience and it is suitable for improver dressmakers.
This workshop will equip you with the essential skills you will use in many makes to come!
Choose from the following patterns:
- True Bias Shelby Dress or romper
- Tilly and the Buttons Seren Dress or skirt
- Sew Over It Penny Dress
- Closet Case Patterns Fiona Dress
- Nina Lee Kew Dress
- Cashmerette Hollyoak maxi dress or skirt
Please let us know which pattern you would like to make in the notes at the checkout
What you will learn:
Measure yourself to decide which size to make
Attach a facing or binding to finish the neckline/armholes
- Make your garment following the pattern instructions with help and guidance from our tutor
- Sew one-step buttonholes using a sewing machine.
What is included:
Use of all machines and equipment
Your pattern and instructions
Interfacing as required
Tea and biscuits
You will need to bring or buy from our shop:
Fabric - requirements will be given on confirmation of the order
- If you are unsure which pattern to make please bring 2.5-3m woven cotton lawn or poplin, viscose or lightweight linen or denim.
You are welcome to buy fabrics from our range or bring your own. We recommend you pre-wash all fabrics to be used in dressmaking so please allow time for this.
There is a maximum of 4 guests in this workshop.
We will take a short break for lunch so please bring food or money to buy lunch in one of the lovely local cafes nearby.