Sarah Wadey is the founder and co-partner of Crafty Sew&So. She has many years of sewing and design industry experience and is passionate about encouraging learning by sharing her skills with others
Live Online Workshop - Start As You Mean To Sew On Beginners Sewing Class
Sorry, out of stock
BOOK NOW for workshops including materials! Bookings to include a materials kit close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday. You can book a BYO materials place up to the date of the workshop.
This is a Live Online Workshop - Sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
Learn how to use a sewing machine in this introductory class for complete beginners to machine sewing and make a needle case and envelope cushion to show off your new skills
In this 2 hour long tutored online class you will learn how to set up your sewing machine and make a needle case and a cushion cover
What you will learn:
- Set up your sewing machine and tackle basic trouble shooting.
- Get the most out of your sewing space and time.
- Sew confidently in simple straight lines, and construct two projects.
A fabric and materials kit is provided for this project. This will be posted to you straight after booking.
Please let us know what kit you would like in the comments section when booking. Choose from:
- Rose garden florals
- Kids (animals, dinosaurs)
- Bright polka dots
You also have the option to provide your own kit. You will need to make sure you have the following materials...
Your kit includes:
- 45cm x 110cm wide cotton fabric to make a cushion cover
- Fabrics to make a needle case (1 A4 sheet of felt, 25 x 30cm cotton fabric, 8cm narrow elastic, 1 button)
You will need:
- 18”/45cm cushion pad (optional)
- Ruler and marking pens/chalk
- Sharp fabric scissors
- Sewing machine with straight stitches and a universal needle
- Iron and an ironing board
- Pins and basic sewing kit (a kit list will be sent to you)
You will also receive:
- Guide to setting up a sewing machine
- Guide to sewing woven fabrics
- Sewing kit list
- Zoom video set-up guide
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking.