Noodlehead Range Backpack Bag Pattern
Sorry, out of stock
A useful and fun backpack to make! It’s great for any outing where you need to be hands free! The foldover top and closure keep things secure, while the front zippered pocket keeps essentials within easy reach. Adjustable straps make it wearable in any season.
- foldover top with closure
- front exterior zippered pocket
- adjustable straps
- interior slip pocket
- hang loop
Skill Level: Intermediate, or adventurous Advanced Beginner
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
- ¾ yard (½ yard if 54”-wide fabric) Exterior Fabric
- ½ yard Contrast Bottom Fabric
- 1 ½ yards Lining Fabric (includes exterior closure, straps, and interior pocket)
- 3 ½ yards Fusible Woven Interfacing
- 1 yard Medium-Weight Fusible Interfacing
- (2) 1 ½”-wide rectangle rings & (2) 1 ½”-wide strap sliders
- (1) 8" zipfor front zippered pocket
- (2) 1″-wide d-rings
Recommended Fabrics: Waxed canvas (10-12 oz. weight), cork fabric, cotton canvas, cotton/linen canvas, denim for exterior and contrast bottom fabrics (quilting cotton may be substituted for exterior fabric requirement, add ½ yard of 6-9 oz. weight 44”-wide cotton canvas/duckcloth for stabilizer and an 18” square of low-loft cotton batting). Quilting cotton for lining fabric.
^=omit if using waxed canvas/cork
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, glue pen, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, turning tool, (optional) 9” length of 1”-wide cotton webbing/leather (replaces Hang Loop cut from Lining fabric), (if using quilting cotton for exterior fabric requirement) quilter’s spray baste, hera marker, walking foot