Live Online Workshop - Free-motion Embroidered and Appliquéd Christmas card - for Beginners
This is a Live Online Workshop - Learn to Sew at Home with us! Find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work HERE
BOOK NOW! Bookings which include materials packs close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday or Friday.
In this 2 hour long tutored live online class you will learn the art of free-motion embroidery, to create lovely hand made Christmas cards or a Festive picture
She will show you how to master the skill and why she loves this versatile and fun way of embellishing your projects.
What you will learn:
- How to prepare your fabrics for appliqué
- How to sew onto card
- The basics of free-motion embroidery and raw edge appliqué
- Make a selection of Christmas cards or a larger picture if you prefer
A fabric and materials kit is provided for this project. This will be posted to you after booking.
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking.
You also have the choice to BYO materials. If you choose this option you will need the following:
- 4 A4 card blanks with backing sheets and envelopes
- A selection of Christmas themed fabric pieces and trims
- Templates and basic instructions
You will need:
- A sewing machine with feed dog covers or the ability to drop the feed dogs - please email us to ask for advice if you are not sure if your machine is suitable
- Free-motion foot
- Spray glue, fabric glue pen or bonda web to stick fabric to the card before stitching - or you can use pins
- Thread, marking pen, pencil or chalk, sharp fabric scissors, basic sewing kit
- some quilting gloves would be useful too
You will also receive:
- Sewing kit list
- Zoom set-up guide
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking less than 10 days before the workshop unless we have to cancel. Please see our full refunds policy for details.