Live Online Workshop - Slipper boots
Sorry, out of stock
BOOK NOW! Bookings close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Friday for classes on Thursday.
This is a Live Online Workshop - Sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
In this 2.5 hour long tutored online class you will make 1 super comfy slipper boot for men or women using our unisex pattern available in sizes Small (3-4), Medium 5-6) and Large (7-8). You can then make the second in your own time.
This fun project is ideal for those with a little sewing experience. Learn about using different fabrics including fleece, stretch fabric and foam to make sturdy and super cosy slipper boots. The perfect gift for yourself and anyone else!
This workshop will teach you how to:
- Use a PDF pattern
- Sew unusual fabrics including fleece, jersey and sweat fabrics and foam
- Sew consistent seam allowances to create a matching pair of slipper boots
Some preparation before the class will be required. please allow 1-2 hours for pre-class prep.
A fabric and materials kit is provided for this project. This will be posted to you straight after booking.
Please let us know what kit you would like in the comments section when booking.
Burnt orange dashes
Navy folk floral
Cream sherpa fluffy fleece
Navy polar fleece (more suitable for less experienced sewers)
You also have the option to provide your own kit. You will need to make sure you have the following materials.
Your kit includes:
- Instructions and pattern
- 60cm x 100cm outer, lining and interfacing fabrics
- 32cm x 56cm Bosal In-R-Form single side fusible foam for double layered insole
You will need:
- Long pins for thicker fabrics
- Sharp fabric scissors
- Sewing machine with straight stitches and a ball point needle suitable for stretch fabrics (contact us if in doubt)
- Basic sewing kit (a kit list will be sent to you) - Quilting clips are useful for holding stretchy and thick fabrics together
- A lint roller or sticky tape is useful as the fleece fabrics tend to shed a lot!
You will also receive:
- Guide to using PDF patterns
- Guide to preparing your pattern and cutting your fabric
- Sewing kit list
- Zoom set-up guide
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking.