Dressmaking - Make a Simple Jersey Top, Dress or Leggings
Make a simple jersey top, dress or leggings using your choice from our carefully selected range of simple patterns.
The patterns chosen include features suitable for beginner and improving dressmakers alike.
This workshop will equip you with essential skills you will use in many makes to come!
Choose from the following patterns:
My Handmade Wardrobe Patterns - Action pack top or leggings
Grainline - Lark Tee
Cashmerette - Concord Tee
Please let us know which pattern you would like to make in the notes at the checkout
The projects can be made completely on the sewing machine or using the overlocker too. If you wish to use the overlocker we recommend you attend our Overlocking for Beginners workshop previously.
During the workshop you will learn to:
- Measure your body and cut out the correct size.
- Lay and cut your pattern pieces following lay plans.
- Sew jersey garments with a regular sewing machine and/or overlocker.
- Add a neckband, patch pockets, cuffs or a cowl collar to a garment.
What is included:
- Use of all machines and equipment.
- Tea and biscuits
What you need to bring:
1.5-2m jersey fabric with minimum stretch depending on the pattern chosen.