Make a Simple Tee Shirt in our Studio!
Learn to make a t-shirt using stretchy jersey fabric. with us in a 3 hour workshop in the Crafty Sew & So Studio!
We'll start with an overview of how to use the sewing pattern, how to cut and sew jersey fabric and then we'll take you step by step though the process of making a quick and simple 2 piece t-shirt with a stretched on neckband.
You'll learn handle, cut and sew jersey fabrics which will equip you with all the skills you need for all your jersey sewing projects in the future!
This class includes your pattern, use of our machines and equipment - and teaching in a small group with an experienced, knowledgeable and friendly tutor.
You have the choice to use our fantastic Janome and Brother workshop machines or bring your own machine. Please let us know in the comments at the checkout if you will bring your own.
Tee shirt sizes available: XS-XXL (UK 8-24)
What will I need to bring?
- 1.5m jersey fabric - choose cotton or cotton with elastane for beginners or if you are more experienced go for viscose jersey
- Your machine if you choose not to use our workshop machines – and don’t forget the power cable and foot pedal!
- A notebook
- A camera or phone to take photos is handy
Everything else is provided - including your pattern, sewing equipment and threads.
What will we make in the class?
You will create a finished 2 piece t-shirt with a stretched on neckband to fit you!
Learn ALL these essentials skills!
- How to cut out a simple t-shirt using a pattern and stretchy fabric
- How to select the right stitches for jersey fabrics
- How to use a sewing machine and/or overlocker* to construct and stretch fabric garment
- How to stretch on a neckband for a smooth finish
- How to finish the hem on a sewing machine
* If you wish to use an overlocker for this class you must be able to thread up and use it without too much instruction.
We are a Covid-19 Secure venue and have implemented all government guidelines.
How Covid Safe works in the Crafty Sew & So Studio: Please take a good look at our Covid-secure page for all the up to date details.
Please make sure you’ve checked your diary carefully as bookings are non-refundable within 30 days of the date. Read our Ts & Cs before booking, these also cover lots of other questions so please do read them!
You’ll receive a confirmation email upon booking and you’ll also receive a reminder email in the week before your class. If you don’t receive these, please check your junk/spam folder.
We can’t wait to see you in a workshop very soon!