Dressmaking to Fit - Six Week Course
If required, you'll make a toile (garment mock-up) to check the fit and tackle any fit issues. You'll learn how to transfer any adjustments to your paper pattern then use this to cut and make up your perfectly fitting garment.
Classes are kept small with a maximum of 4 students so you will receive lots of attention to assist your learning.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Use and adapt a paper pattern
- Measure yourself, make first adaptations to the pattern and cut the correct size
- Make a toile, recognise fit issues and amend the pattern
- Perfect sewing techniques including inserting fastenings, darts, finishing raw edges, hems, pleats and any other skills as required for the chosen pattern
- Make well fitting toiles which will lead to a perfect fit in your final garment
- Use of all machines and equipment
- Your pattern worth up to £15 - choose from our range in store with our guidance to help you pick the pattern appropriate to your level of sewing experience, lifestyle and body shape
- Calico for toiling
- Tea and biscuits
- Fabric and notions as required for the chosen pattern
- You will need to choose and prepare your fabric for week 2/3 so guidance can be given on this in the first 2 weeks