In this full-day workshop, you will enjoy learning modern tie-dye and embroidery techniques.
In the morning, learn how to use various resist techniques to tie-dye fabrics. then after lunch, relax with hand embroidery. Stitch a letter/initials onto Kiwi and the Bear's unique tie-dye fabric to create your own individual piece of art.
We believe tie-dye and embroidery are for everyone and over the 6 hours, we would love to show you how we took this traditional craft and made in untraditional so you can go and make it your own, in your own way.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Dye fabrics using resist techniques
- Transfer your chosen design onto fabric
- Hand embroider a variety of stitches including:
- Back Stitch
- Straight Stitch
- Stem Stitch
- Lazy Daisy Stitch
- Brick Stitch
- Woven Wheel Stitch
- Finish the back of your embroidery hoop in a neat and glue free way
- Fabric and dye
- 4" wooden embroidery hoop
- Original Kiwi and the Bear hand dyed fabric with a choice of colours
- Embroidery thread
- Variety of templates although you are welcome to create your own!
- A variety of coloured hemp cord to hang your finished piece with
What do I need to bring?
- You will find all the equipment and materials you need waiting for you
- Please wear old clothes and bring an apron/protective clothing if you wish