This course will be taught by either Tracy or Sarah. Sarah Wadey is the founder and co-partner of Crafty Sew&So. She has many years of sewing and design industry experience and is passionate about encouraging learning by sharing her skills with others. Tracy Corns runs an embroidery business, Sew Nothing's Impossible, and teaches sewing at venues in Leicestershire. Tracy has been sewing since childhood and loves making unique items, using beautiful fabric combinations.
Live Online Workshop - Sleepshorts
In this class you’ll make some super comfy elasticated sleep shorts for men or women using some cotton fabric and our roomy and relaxed PJ shorts pattern (available in sizes XS to XL).
This is a great first project for new dressmakers.
BOOK NOW for workshops including materials! If you choose this option, we’ll send you the fabric and materials you need in the post. You get to choose from the following fabrics for your sleep shorts:
Please let us know what fabric you would like us to send you in the comments section in the checkout.
In this class you’ll learn:
- How to use a template/pattern
- How to cut fabric
- How to create neatened seams with the correct seam allowance
- How to make a channel and insert elastic at the waist
- How to hem your shorts
We’ll send you:
- The instructions and a pattern as .pdf files (you will need to print and assemble your pattern before the workshop starts)
- 1.25m of cotton fabric (you choose from the links above and tell us which fabric to send you)
- 1m of 2.5cm wide elastic
- Some ribbon to create a bow at the front
- Some thread
- A ruler and a marking pen or dressmaker’s chalk
- Some sharp fabric scissors
- An elastic threader or large safety pin
- A sewing machine with straight stitches and a universal needle
- An iron and an ironing board
- Some pins and basic sewing kit
2 - 3 days before the workshop we’ll send you an email including:
- A guide to using PDF patterns
- A guide to preparing your pattern and cutting your fabric
- A sewing kit list
- A Zoom set-up guide
Bookings that include a materials kit close at midnight 7 days before the workshop so we have time to post out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday. You can book a BYO materials place up to the date of the workshop.
Children age 12+ are welcome to attend this workshop with a supervising adult
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking.
This is a Live Online Workshop - learn to sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE