Patchwork and Quilting: “Magic 8” Half Square Triangle Cushion Cover
Learn the basics of patchwork including how to use a rotary cutter and sew precise 1/4 inch seams to make a patchwork panel. You’ll learn a simple cheat called th “magic 8” technique to make churning out half square triangles, a breeze! Perfect for building up to a larger quilt!
Use your new skills to create a beautiful triangle patchwork cushion cover in fabrics of your choice.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Use a rotary cutter ruler and cutting mat for speedy cutting
- Mark and sew precise 1/4 inch seams
- Make half square triangles quickly and simply
- Create a simple but impressive "quilt top"
- Finish with an envelope back to create a beautiful patchwork cushion
What is included:
- Use of all machines and equipment
- Cushion pad
- Two fat quarters of quilting weight cotton for the front patchwork.
- Coordinating cotton fabric for the back of the cushion
- Tea and biscuits
What you need to bring:
Nothing, just yourself!
About your tutor:
Elizabeth Hirst is passionate about working with textiles and enjoys finding little cheats to make quilting more efficient and fun. She particularly enjoys free motion quilting and teaching this fabulous technique as well as a full range of Patchwork and Quilting techniques to others.