Live Online Workshop - A Beginners Guide to Sewing with Jersey Fabrics
Sorry, out of stock
This is a Live Online Workshop - Learn to Sew at Home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
BOOK NOW! Bookings close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Wednesday or Thursday.
Most of us wear jersey fabrics as part of our everyday wardrobe, but sewing with them can seem intimidating with the wide variety of knit structures and fibre mixes available.
In this 1 hour long tutored online class you will learn how to how to recognise, cut and sew jersey fabrics. I'll talk you through a selection of fabric samples to help you learn how to recognise different knit fabrics and then you will make a simple headband to practice sewing with knit fabric on a sewing machine. Ask as many questions as you like along the way.
This is the perfect introduction to jersey fabric before starting your first jersey clothing project- Why not follow on and try our simple tee workshop?
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Set up your sewing machine to work with different fabrics
- Recognise and work with different types of jersey fabric
- Make a headband to practice your new skills
What is included:
- Jersey Fabric samples
- Materials to make a simple headband using a sewing machine
- Your sewing machine threaded up with a ballpoint/jersey needle - you will need to have a machine which does a zigzag or stretch stitch
- Ruler/tape measure
- Fabric marking pens/chalk
- Sharp fabric scissors
- Pins or wonder clips and basic sewing kit
You will also receive:
- Zoom set-up guide
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking.