Live Online Workshop - Appliquéd and embellished cushion cover
This is a Live Online Workshop - Sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work, click HERE.
In this class you’ll make a pretty cushion with and appliqué motif and pompom trim. This is a great follow-on project for beginner sewers who have attended our Start As You Mean To Sew On class.
Great gift idea: A personalised cushion makes a great gift! We'll be applying a monogram letter in this class but the skills you learn can be used to appliqué any motif of your choice onto another fabric in future makes.
BOOK NOW for workshops including materials! If you choose this option, we’ll send you a fabric and materials kit in the post. You get to choose from the following fabrics for your cushion outer and we’ll select a co-ordinating trims:
Please let us know what fabric you would like us to send you in the comments section in the checkout.
In this class you’ll learn:
- How to use bondaweb to apply fabric to another fabric and secure/embellish with stitching
- How to sew around curves
- How to insert pompom trim into the cushion seams
- How to create an envelope back for your cushion cover
We’ll send you:
- 50cm x 110cm wide cotton fabric (you choose this fabric)
- 50cm x 50cm wide co-ordinating cotton fabric for applique (we pick this one)
- Approx 20 x 30cm Bondaweb
- 2m pompom trim
You’ll also need:
- Some thread
- Some sharp fabric scissors
- Some sharp(ish) paper scissors for cutting the Bondaweb-backed fabric
- A sewing machine with straight stitches and a universal needle
- Optional but useful: Zipper foot
- An iron and an ironing board
- Lots of pins and basic sewing kit (a kit list will be sent to you)
- Details of any preperation required
- Instructions for the class
- A sewing kit list
- A Zoom video set-up guide
We will send you your workshop zoom link on the day of the workshop
You also have the option to ‘bring’ your own kit. You will need to make sure you have the above materials.
Bookings that include a materials kit close at midnight 7 days before the workshop so we have time to post out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday. You can book a BYO materials place up to the date of the workshop.
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking less than 10 days before the workshop unless we have to cancel. Please see our full refunds policy for details.