Intermediate Dressmaking -Swimsuit or Bikini
Make your swimming costume this summer!
Use a regular sewing machine and make a practical and stylish swimming costume or bikini in sports Lycra. You can choose between sewing the new Friday Patterns Vernazza two piece bikini or the new Megan Nielson Cottesloe swimsuit or bikini variations.
Sizes available- XS-XXL (8-30, up to b/w/h - 56/48/58, Cottelsloe only.) If you require sizes L-XXL, please let us know when you check out so we can prepare your pattern.
What you will learn:
- How to cut out stretchy fabric
- How to use a sewing machine to construct a stretch fabric garment
- How to stretch on elastic for a neat finish
- Use power mesh to line your swimsuit.
You will need to bring or buy from our shop:
- 1m sports Lycra
- Power mesh lining
What is included:
- Thread and all equipment required
- Your pattern and instructions
- Tea and biscuits
All equipment is provided for this workshop
You can buy fabric from our shop or bring your own. Please come and see us for advice. We recommend you pre-wash your fabric so please allow time for this.
Take a look at our range of sports lycra fabrics, all perfect for your swimming costume.
There is a maximum of 4 guests in this workshop.