Gather Patterns The Mortmain
A day dress sewing pattern in sizes 8-18.
A sewing pattern for ambitious beginners, The Mortmain is a simple and elegant day dress in sizes 8–18. It features a fitted bodice and waistband, box pleated skirt and exposed zip to the back. There are two sleeve variations; sleeveless, and 3/4 length sleeve with a cuff and button fastening.
The Mortmain sewing pattern is printed in the UK and includes a paper pattern and instruction booklet, packaged in a durable envelope.
Medium weight cottons (including quilting cottons), light twill, linen, cotton poplin. Not suitable for stretch fabrics.
- Thread (corresponding colour to your fabric)
- Fusible interfacing
- 22 inch exposed dress zip (metal teeth)
- 15cm round elastic cord (3⁄4 length sleeve version only - for button fastening)
- 2 x buttons for sleeve cuffs (3⁄4 length sleeve version only)
- Sewing shears
- Paper scissors
- Tailor’s chalk or marking pen
- Zipper foot
- Tape measure
- Hand sewing needles
- Point turner (not essential)