Dressmaking- Tilly and the Buttons ‘Cleo’ Pinafore Dress
The Cleo pinafore is a super simple make ideal for new dressmakers and bang on-trend.
Cleo is simple to sew, with no fiddly zips and minimal fitting required – hooray! Make it dungaree-style with buckles, or as a pinafore with button fastenings. Choose from mini length or knee length with optional centre-front split, patch pockets on front or back, and optional contrast topstitching.
This easy-to-use sewing pattern will take you through the steps to making the Cleo dungaree dress, with jargon-busting instructions and photos showing you how to sew each part.
Wear Cleo all year round, layered over a t-shirt, shirt or sweater – the relaxed style makes it oh so comfortable!
During the workshop you will learn to:
- Measure your body and cut out the correct size.
- Lay and cut your pattern pieces following lay plans.
- Sew straight and curved seam with the correct seam allowance
- Finish your seams using an overlocker
- Add patch pockets to a garment.
What is included:
- Use of all machines and equipment.
- Your Cleo Pattern, worth £12.50
- Hardware- dungaree buckles and buttons, interfacing and thread
What you need to bring:
Fabric – Mini length - 1.2m (1¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 1.8m (2 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
Knee length - 1.3m (1 3/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 1.9m (2 1/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Heavy or medium weight woven fabrics that hold their shape, such as denim, corduroy, cotton drill, gabardine, canvas, wool.
You are welcome to buy fabrics from our range or bring your own. We recommend you pre-wash all fabrics to be used in dressmaking so please allow time for this.