Dressmaking - A-line Skirt with My Handmade Wardrobe Patterns
- Make a cute simple skirt in a choice of 2 lengths with us!
This workshop will build on your sewing skills and introduce you to the exciting world of dressmaking. This class is perfect for new dressmakers looking to make their first garment. You should have some sewing machine experience to complete this project.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Measure yourself to decide which size to make
- Cut fabric using a pattern
- Sew straight, neat seams with the correct seam allowance.
- Use interfacing and make a waistband facing
- Insert a regular zip
- Finish raw edges on the inside of your garment
- Finish the hem
- Make a garment from scratch!
What is included:
- Use of all machines and equipment
- Your exclusive Crafty Sew&So pattern
- 9" zip
- Tea and biscuits
What you need to bring:
- 1m of 150cm wide or 1.5m of 110cm wide medium weight cotton/denim/cord or other skirt weight fabric- please bring more if you wish to lengthen the skirt which is designed to finish on the knee.
- Optional - A fat quarter of cotton fabric for contrast waistband facings
You are welcome to buy fabrics from our range or bring your own. We recommend you pre-wash all fabrics to be used in dressmaking so please allow time for this