Dressmaking - All the Cute Skirts with My Handmade Wardrobe Patterns
This workshop will build on your sewing skills and introduce you to the exciting world of dressmaking. This class is perfect for new dressmakers looking to make their first garment. You should have some sewing machine experience to complete this project.
Make a pencil, A-line, gathered or pleated skirt.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Measure yourself to decide which size to make
- Cut fabric using a pattern
- Sew straight, neat seams with the correct seam allowance.
- Use interfacing
- Make a waist facing or waistband
- Create darts or gathers or pleats
- Insert a regular zip
- Finish raw edges on the inside of your garment
- Finish the hem
- Make a garment from scratch!
What is included:
- Use of all machines and equipment
- Your exclusive Crafty Sew&So pattern
- 9" zip
- Tea and biscuits
What you need to bring:
- A-line and Pencil: 1m-1.5m of 150cm wide or 1.5m of 110cm wide medium weight cotton/denim/cord or other skirt weight fabric- please bring more if you wish to lengthen the skirt which is designed to finish on the knee.
- Optional - 25cm of cotton fabric for contrast waistband facings
- Gathered and Pleated: 1.5m of 150cm wide lightweight cotton, chambray, linen or any other fluid fabric.
You are welcome to buy fabrics from our range or bring your own. We recommend you pre-wash all fabrics to be used in dressmaking so please allow time for this.
There is a maximum of 4 guests in this workshop.