Dressmaking - Copy your Clothes
Sorry, out of stock
Bring along a favourite top, simple dress or other jersey or simple woven garment without darts and learn how to replicate it in a fabric of your choice!
What you will learn:
- How to make a pattern using a garment you already own
- How to plan and write your own construction notes
- Discussion about different techniques for construction
- How to choose the best finishes for your garment and fabric
You will need to bring or buy from our shop:
- Toiling fabric of similar weight and composition to your original garment - we recommend 2m for a top or trousers, 3m for a dress (contact us if you need advice on this)
What is included:
- All equipment required
- Tea and biscuits
All equipment and thread are provided in this workshop but you will need to provide your own fabric (please see fabric requirements)
You are welcome to buy fabrics from our range or bring your own. We recommend you pre-wash all fabrics to be used in dressmaking so please allow time for this.
You will have time to either toile your garment or begin making the final version in the class.
There will be some finishing up to do at home but you will leave with your own instructions for your pattern.