Dressmaking: My Handmade Wardrobe Cosy Jersey Dress
With the Cosy Jersey Tunic and Dress pattern you can wrap yourself up in stretchy handmade-ness - This dress is like a hug that keeps giving all day!
Make the dress version in viscose jersey for a soft and slinky cover up smart enough for the office, comfy enough for after-work drinks/sofa veg-out!
Or make the tunic length with sleeves in snuggly brushed-back sweat for weekend warmth.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Measure yourself to decide which size to make
- Cut fabric using a pattern
- Sew straight, neat seams with the correct seam allowance.
- Work with stretch jersey fabric
- Finish raw edges on the inside of your garment
- Finish a hem
- Make a garment from scratch!
What is included:
- Use of all machines and equipment
- Your exclusive Crafty Sew&So pattern
- Tea and biscuits
What you need to bring:
- 2.3m of 150cm wide mid-heavy weight jersey for the Tunic with long sleeves OR
- 2.7m of light-mid wight jersey for the dress version with out sleeves
You are welcome to buy fabrics from our range or bring your own. We recommend you pre-wash all fabrics to be used in dressmaking so please allow time for this.
There is a maximum of 4 guests in this workshop.