Live Online Workshop - Simple Tee
Sorry, out of stock
BOOK NOW! Bookings close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Friday for classes on Thursday or Friday.
This is a Live Online Workshop - Sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
In this 2.5 hour long tutored online class you can learn to make a quick and simple 2 piece t-shirt with a neckband using stretchy jersey fabric.
Some prep-work will be required before the class. You will need to print and assemble the pattern, cut it out to the size required and then use this to cut the fabric. A guide will be sent to help you with this and please allow approx. 2 hours prep time.
You may need to finish the hemming in your own time after the class but full guidance will be given.
What you will learn:
- How to cut out a simple t-shirt using a pattern and stretchy fabric
- How to use a sewing machine and/or overlocker to construct and stretch fabric garment
- How to stretch on a neckband for a smooth finish
- Finishing hems on a sewing machine
* If you wish to use an overlocker for this class you must be able to thread up and use it without too much instruction. If you are new to overlocking you can watch our videos on our youtube channel at or join us for our Introduction to Overlocking Live Online Workshop.
A fabric and materials kit is provided for this project. This will be posted to you straight after booking.
What's in your kit:
- 1m jersey fabric - choose cotton or cotton with elastane for beginners or if you are more experienced go for viscose, scuba or rib jersey
- Matching thread
- Your pattern and instructions
Please let us know what kit you would like in the comments section when booking. Choose from any of our jersey fabrics in this range: www.craftysewandso.com/collections/single-jersey
You will need:
- Ruler and marking pens/chalk
- Sharp fabric scissors
- Sewing machine with stretch/zigzag stitches and a jersey/stretch needle
- Overlocker (optional) - see notes *
- Iron and an ironing board
- Pins and basic sewing kit (a kit list will be sent to you)
You will also receive:
- Guide to preparing your pattern and cutting out fabric
- Sewing kit list
- Zoom set-up guide
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking.