Dressmaking: Fitting the bust - Full or Small Bust adjustments
On this workshop, learn how to spot fit issues and fix them with some simple pattern adjustments.
We will begin by trying on pre-made toiles and using these to identify fit issues.
We will then demonstrate how to perform a full bust adjustment (FBA) or small bust adjustment (SBA) on a darted bodice and one with princess seams.
You will then have the opportunity to put your new skills to practice by adjusting a pattern of your choice or using our Ready to Party Dress bodice to practice with. You can buy the complete pattern for £9 on the day if you wish. If you choose to bring your own pattern please ensure it has bust darts or princess seams so you can fully understand the adjustments process!
You will be given calico to make a bodice toile from your pattern.
Once you have adjusted your pattern you can take it home to make a wardrobe full of bespoke tops THAT FIT YOU!
You will also take home a Cheat Sheet as a reminder of what you have learned.
This class is not suitable for beginners. You will need to have completed some simple sewing and dressmaking projects prior to attending this workshop.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Measure yourself to decide which size toile to try and which pattern size to make
- Learn how to identify fit issues
- Pattern adjustments including full bust or small bust adjustments for darted or princess seamed bodices and moving the dart position
What is included:
- Use of all specialist equipment
- Paper for tracing patterns and pattern adjustments
- Calico for toiling
- Tea and biscuits
What you need to bring:
- Optional: A pattern you wish to adjust - or use our blocks for a basic bodice.
- A notebook
- A camera may be useful