Dressmaking: Pick A Pattern
In this session, you can pick any pattern from our range to make with expert tuition.
Get help with any specific techniques including pattern adjustments, specific finishes and use of sewing machine feet, overlockers and any other specialist equipment.
When you place your order for this class, choose a pattern from our range and add it to your basket for free, the pattern will be here ready and waiting for you!
What will you pick? A Dress? A Jacket? Trousers? You choose!
This is not a beginners class but if you have some experience of dressmaking, however minimal or rusty, you are very welcome to come along a learn! If you are new to dressmaking we suggest you take a look at our range of Beginners and Improvers Dressmaking classes
What you will learn:
- Pattern Adjustments using your personal measurements
- As required: A reminder of how to lay out and cut out your pattern, using the sewing machines and general construction tips.
- Specific techniques required for making the garment
What is included:
Use of all machines and equipment
Your pattern and instructions
- Expert Tuition
Tea and biscuits
You will need to bring or buy from our shop:
- Fabric and notions - details of requirements will be sent to you after your order confirmation
- Calico or other material if you wish to make a toile
You are welcome to buy fabrics from our range or bring your own. We recommend you pre-wash all fabrics to be used in dressmaking so please allow time for this.
We will take a short break for lunch so please bring food or money to buy lunch in one of the lovely local cafes nearby.