Beginners Dressmaking: Simple Top or Dress
Make a super comfy dress using the easy to follow Everyday Amazing Shift Dress by My Handmade Wardrobe.
With the perfect scoop neck, simple keyhole fastening, option of pretty frill detail for flirty days, or long sleeves for cooler days. This pattern is for a cute top with a bum-covering hem or a simple, sophisticated knee length dress. You can make it in cotton lawns or poplins or light weight denims.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Use a dress making pattern
- Cut the correct size and make small pattern adjustments if necessary
- Sew the garment with correct seam allowances and neatly finish the edges
- Turn up selves and hems
- Work with lightweight or drapey fabrics
What is included:
- Use of all machines and equipment
- Your pattern and instructions
- Tea and biscuits
What you need to bring:
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS- Light- to medium-weight drapey fabrics, such as cotton voile, lawn or chambray.
SUPPLIESFabric – 2m (2 ¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR3m (3 ¼ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
You are welcome to buy fabrics from our range or bring your own. We recommend you pre-wash all fabrics to be used in dressmaking so please allow time for this.
There is a maximum of 4 guests in this workshop.