Dressmaking- Tilly and the Buttons ‘Coco’ Jersey Shift Dress
Join us to make a gorgeous Coco Dress, designed by Tilly and the Buttons, from season one of the Great British Sewing Bee. The Coco dress is a simple jersey dress, with no zips or buttons, ideal for people wanting to get to grips with working with jersey.
The pattern can be made up as a top or a dress, with full length or 3/4 length sleeves, an optional funnel neckline and patch pockets. The project will be made completely on the sewing machine.
During the workshop you will learn to:
- Measure your body and cut out the correct size.
- Lay and cut your pattern pieces following lay plans.
- Sew jersey garments with a regular sewing machine.
- Add patch pockets, cuffs or a cowl collar to a garment.
What is included:
- Use of all machines and equipment.
- Your Coco Pattern, worth £12.50
- Tea and biscuits
What you need to bring:
2m of heavy weight jersey-for example, point di roma, or fabrics with minimum stretch.