Dressmaking with Sarah - Tuesday Evenings
Do you want to make your own wardrobe full of clothes that fit you?
Bring your own pattern or choose one from the my Handmade Wardrobe Patterns range. Use the sessions to pick my brains on sewing techniques, check the fit of your garments, discuss fabrics and make amendments to a pattern.
You can choose to attend for individual sessions or 4 week blocks.
This class is open sewists of all genders and is suitable for ages 12 years and up. Young adults age 12-16 years will need to attend with a paying adult.
Sessions are from 6.30-8.30pm
What's included in the workshop?
- All tools and equipment including our studio machines. You have the choice to bring your own machine if you prefer.
- Books and handouts as required to help you with altering pattern or sewing techniques
What will I need to bring?
- You can choose to use our studio machines or bring your own machine. Please let us know in the comments at the checkout if you will bring your own.
- Your pattern and materials
Ask me about...
- Your choice of fabric and adapting a pattern to suit it
- What to look for on a sewing pattern to give you clues about how the pattern will fit- finished measurements, ease, fabric recommendations etc
- How to measure yourself and choose the right size
- Preparing the paper pattern - pinpointing key measurement points, measuring your pattern and altering it to you. This may include bust adjustments, dart manipulations, lengthening/shortening, full tummy adjustments etc
- How to create fastenings including buttons, elastic, shirring
- How to choose and change finishing methods including overlocking edges, applying binding or trim
- Fitting the garment - what to look for, how to alter it and transfer the amends to the pattern for future use
This workshop is being held at our Studio in The Makers Yard. Our Studio is within a beautiful listed building that was once a thriving hosiery factory!
Free Street parking is available locally after 6pm.
We're excited to have restarted our workshops after lockdown! Please read our Covid policy before booking to ensure you are happy with the additional safety measures we will be taking during the class.
There is a maximum of 4 guests in this workshop.
* This is not a copy your clothes class so please bring a pattern to use and work through.