Sarah Wadey is the founder and co-partner of Crafty Sew&So. She has many years of sewing and design industry experience and is passionate about encouraging learning by sharing her skills with others
Live Online Workshop - Oven Gloves
BOOK NOW for workshops including materials! Bookings close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday.
This is a Live Online Workshop - Sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
In this 2 hour tutored Live Online Workshop you can make Bake-Off-worthy practical and pretty oven gloves with us in this fun workshop. Learn how to use different types of wadding to insulate your mitts and bias binding to bind the edges for a smart, professional finish.
What you will learn:
- Use thermal and regular wadding
- Layer wadding and fabrics
- Quilt your fabrics
- Add pockets/ mitts with binding and top stitching
- Use binding to finish the edges
- Create a hanging loop
A fabric and materials kit is provided for this project. This will be posted to you after booking.
Please let us know what kit you would like in the comments section when booking. Choose your fabric from this selection:
or upgrade to canvas and choose from this selection:
You also have the option to provide your own kit. You will need to make sure you have the following materials...
What is included:
- Your pattern/template and instructions
- 75cm cotton fabric (50cm if choosing canvas)
- 50cm x 100cm heat-proof wadding
You will need:
- Ruler and marking pens/chalk
- Sharp fabric scissors
- Sewing machine with straight stitches and a universal needle
- A walking foot if available
- Iron and an ironing board
- Pins and basic sewing kit (a kit list will be sent to you)
You will also receive:
- Sewing kit list
- Zoom video set-up guide
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking less than 10 days before the workshop unless we have to cancel. Please see our full refunds policy for details.