Jeans Making - 2 day course
Sew your own pair of unique handmade jeans in this 2-day workshop. Use the Closet Case Patterns Ginger jeans (skinny or regular fit) or Morgan jeans (boyfriend fit) patterns to create your own bespoke jeans!
Our tutor will help you every step of the way with demonstrations and advice.
What you will learn:
- How cut and sew with heavy fabrics like denim and twill
- Insert a fly zip with step by step instructions
- Fit jeans to your body
- Master top stitching and seam finishing
- Add hardware
What you need to bring or buy from the shop:
- 1.5-2m denim, cord or twill fabric - amount depends on the pattern chosen and size
- 50cm cotton fabric for pocket linings
- All other trims are provided
- Your pattern and instructions
- Interfacing as required
- Jeans zip
- threads including top stitching thread in selected colours
- Hardware including a button and rivets in silver and bronze options
To personalise your jeans further you may wish to bring sketches of a pocket design and your own pocket stitching thread or embellishments. Feel free to contact us to discuss your ideas before the workshop.
You can buy your fabric from us or bring some along. We recommend you pre-wash all fabric so please allow time for this.
Take a look at our denim, twills and cords here