Sarah Wadey is the founder and partner of Crafty Sew&So. She has many years of sewing and design industry experience and is passionate about encouraging learning by sharing her
Make a Christmas Stocking Workshop in the Crafty Studio
Learn to make a Christmas stocking with us on a Half Day workshop in the Crafty Sew & So Studio!
Make a unique, contemporary Christmas stocking in our fun workshop.
You will learn how to sew curves, work with different fabrics, add wadding and a hanging loop. Not only will you make an heirloom stocking to use for years to come, this workshop will equip you with all the skills you need for many more sewing projects too!
This workshop includes all your materials and teaching in a small group with an experienced, knowledgeable and friendly tutor.
You have the choice to use our fantastic Janome and Brother workshop machines or bring your own machine. Please let us know in the comments at the checkout if you will bring your own.
What will I need to bring?
- Your machine if you choose not to use our workshop machines – don’t forget the power cable and foot pedal!
- A notebook
- A camera or phone to take photos is handy
Everything else is provided including equipment and materials.
What will we make in the class?
You will make a padded stocking with a turn down cuff and hanging loop.
Learn All these essential skills!
- How to set up the sewing machine to sew wadding and thicker layers
- How to troubleshoot any issues - tension, thread snapping, tangling, skipped stitches and much more!
- How to use a template to cut your fabrics
- How to select the correct stitches
- How to sew curves and trim them to create a smooth finish
- How to line the stocking using the "Bagging out" technique, how to turn it through for really a neat effect
- How to use the guides on the machine to sew correct seam allowances
- Sewing through thicker layers of fabric
- Following sewing instructions
- Ideas for personalisation
We are a Covid-19 Secure venue and have implemented all government guidelines.
How Covid Safe works in the Crafty Sew & So Studio: Please take a good look at our Covid-secure page for all the up to date details.
Please make sure you’ve checked your diary carefully as bookings are non-refundable within 30 days of the date. Read our Ts & Cs before booking, these also cover lots of other questions so please do read them!
You’ll receive a confirmation email upon booking and you’ll also receive a reminder email in the week before your class. If you don’t receive these, please check your junk/spam folder.
Travelling to Leicester for a workshop?
We have partnered with local hotels and apartment owners to offer a range of accommodation options. Take a look at these here.
For details about local parking and accessibility please follow this link.
We can’t wait to see you in a workshop very soon!