Live Online Workshop - Advent Calendar
This is a Live Online Workshop - Learn to Sew at Home with us! Find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work HERE
BOOK NOW! Bookings which include materials packs close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday or Friday.
In this 2.5 hour long tutored online class you make a festive advent calendar which you can use for years to come. Chose form a range of printed panels.
What you will learn:
- How to cut fabric using the printed guides
- How to prepare, press and attach the pockets
- How to bag out the advent calendar to back and hide raw edges or finish with bias binding (not included)
- How to add a hanging loop
Some prep-work will be required before the class. You will need to cut out the pockets using the instructions on the panel. Please allow approx. 1 hour for prep time.
A materials kit is provided for this project, this will be posted to you after booking at least 7 days before the class.
Please let us know what panel you would like in the comments section when booking
Choose from this selection:
Your kit includes:
- An advent calendar panel of your choice
- 55 x 100cm coordinating backing fabric
- 50 x 75cm wadding
- If you wish to finish the edges with binding you will need to provide 3m of 2.5cm/1inch wide bias binding
You will need:
- Ruler and marking pens/chalk
- Sharp fabric scissors/ Rotary cutter, ruler and mat
- Sewing machine with straight stitches and a universal needle
- Iron and an ironing board
- Pins and basic sewing kit (a kit list will be sent to you)
You will also receive:
- Sewing kit list
- Zoom set-up guide
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking less than 10 days before the workshop unless we have to cancel. Please see our full refunds policy for details.
Can't make it to the class? Take a look at our panels available to buy and sew and home