Sarah Wadey is the founder and co-partner of Crafty Sew&So. She has many years of sewing and design industry experience and is passionate about encouraging learning by sharing her skills with others
Live Online Workshop- Carry All bag
BOOK NOW! Bookings close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Friday for classes on Thursday or Friday.
This is a Live Online Workshop - Sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
In this 3 hour tutored online class you will make a sturdy lined carry-all bag. Make this versatile carry-all bag, ideal for the gym, weekends away and every day!
Some prep-work will be required before the class. You will need to print and assemble the pattern, and then use this to cut the fabric. A guide will be sent to help you with this and please allow approx. 2 hours prep time.
What you will learn:
- How to use interfacing and layer various fabrics to stabilise and reinforce areas where required
- Inserting a long zip
- Making patch pockets
- How to make a fully lined bag
- Your pattern and instructions
- 22" zip
- 3m cotton woven tape 2" wide
- 1m medium weight interfacing
- 50cm Medium to heavyweight cotton for your outer bag- quilting cotton or heavier
- 50cm heavyweight denim/canvas or leatherette for reinforcing the base
- 75cm cotton poplin or quilting cotton for lining
Fabric is available to buy from the online shop.