Live online workshop- Carry All bag- 2 week class
BOOK NOW! Bookings close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Friday for classes on Thursday or Friday.
This is a Live Online Workshop - Sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
In this tutored online class run over 2 sessions. You will make a sturdy lined carry-all bagMake this versatile carry-all bag, ideal for the gym, weekends away and every day!
The bag features a sturdy reinforced base, strong woven tape straps, a long zip and inside and outside pockets. The bag is fully lined.
Some prep-work will be required before the class. You will need to print and assemble the pattern, and then use this to cut the fabric. A guide will be sent to help you with this and please allow approx. 2 hours prep time.
What you will learn:
- How to cut out your fabrics using a template
- Using interfacing and layering various fabrics to stabilise and reinforce areas where required
- Inserting a long zip
- Making patch pockets
- How to make a fully lined bag
- Your pattern and instructions
- 22" zip
- 3m cotton woven tape 2" wide
- 1m medium weight interlining
- 50cm Medium to heavyweight cotton for your outer bag- quilting cotton or heavier
- 50cm heavyweight denim/canvas or leatherette for reinforcing the base
- 75cm cotton poplin or quilting cotton for lining
Fabric is available to buy from the online shop.