Live Online Workshop - Intro to dressmaking patterns - Pattern included
This is a Live Online Workshop - Learn to Sew at Home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
BOOK NOW! Bookings close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday.
In this 2 hour long tutored online class you will learn how to read, prepare and use and pattern for dressmaking. Thus class is designer for complete newbies for dressmaking and patterns but is also a great refresher for those who haven't sewn clothing in a while!
This workshop will teach you:
- Commercial pattern vs Independent patterns - what are the differences
- Discussion about PDF patterns, how to use them and what to look out for
- What to look for on the pattern envelope - finished measurements, fabric choices and styling info
- How to measure yourself and cut the correct pattern size - including looking at ease and pattern sizing/grading
- What do all the symbols on the pattern mean?
- How to prepare your paper pattern and how to place on the fabric ready for cutting
This session focusses on the preparation of the pattern and fabric for sewing. We will not be sewing in this session. However, if you need help completing the project we are happy to offer help through email and via our Crafty Sew and Sos facebook group.
You will need to provide your own fabric to complete this project in your own time.
A pattern is provided for this project, this will be posted to you straight after booking.
Please let us know what pattern you would like in the comments section when booking
Any My Handmade Wardrobe pattern
Any Tilly and the Buttons pattern
Any Cashmerette pattern (sizes 12-28 with larger bust size options) except coats.
You will need:
- Ruler/tape measure
- Fabric marking pens/chalk
- Paper scissors
- Sharp fabric scissors
- Pins and basic sewing kit
You will also receive:
- Guide to using PDF patterns
- Guide to preparing your pattern and cutting your fabric
- Zoom set-up guide
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking.