Live Online Workshop - Intro to Jersey Fabrics and Overlocking - Materials included
This is a Live Online Workshop - Learn to Sew at Home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
BOOK NOW! Bookings close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday.
Overlockers (also known as sergers) can seem scary but in this introduction to overlocking, you'll soon feel confident using your overlocker.
In this 2 hour long tutored online class you will learn how to set up, thread-up and use your overlocker and also how to recognise, cut and sew jersey fabrics.
This is the perfect introduction to jersey fabric before starting your first jersey clothing project- Why not follow on and try our simple tee workshop?
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Set up an overlocker to work with different fabrics (please let us know your overlocker brand and model before the class.
- Recognise and work with different types of jersey fabric
- Make a cowl scarf to test your new skills
What is included:
- Fabric samples
- Fabric for your cowl scarf
- Your overlocker unthreaded ready to re-thread or threaded up with 4 spools of thread (we recommend polyester sew-all thread for overlocking)
- Overlocker accessories including screwdrivers and tweezers
- A small make-up brush or similar for cleaning your machine
- Ruler/tape measure
- Fabric marking pens/chalk
- Sharp fabric scissors
- Pins or wonder clips and basic sewing kit
We will be demonstrating using the fantastic, easy to thread Brother Overlockers in this workshop. Find out more about these fantastic machines here.
Please let us know the make and model name/number of your over locker in the comments when booking this class.
You will also receive:
- Zoom set-up guide
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking.