This course will be taught by either Tracy or Sarah. Sarah Wadey is the founder and co-partner of Crafty Sew&So. She has many years of sewing and design industry experience and is passionate about encouraging learning by sharing her skills with others. Tracy Corns runs an embroidery business, Sew Nothing's Impossible, and teaches sewing at venues in Leicestershire. Tracy has been sewing since childhood and loves making unique items, using beautiful fabric combinations.
Live Online Workshop - Intro to Jersey Fabrics and Overlocking
Sorry, out of stock
This is a Live Online Workshop - Learn to Sew at Home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
BOOK NOW for workshops including materials! Bookings close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday.
Overlockers (also known as sergers) can seem scary but in this introduction to overlocking, you'll soon feel confident using your overlocker.
In this 2 hour long tutored online class you will learn how to set up, thread-up and use your overlocker and also how to recognise, cut and sew jersey fabrics.
This is the perfect introduction to jersey fabric before starting your first jersey clothing project- Why not follow on and try our simple tee or Leggings workshop?
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Set up an overlocker to work with different fabrics (please let us know your overlocker brand and model before the class.
- Recognise and work with different types of jersey fabric
- Make a cowl scarf to test your new skills
What is included:
- Fabric samples
- Fabric for your cowl scarf - we will select a suitable plain single jersey fabric to send to you - if you have colour preferences please let us know in the comments at the checkout
- Your overlocker unthreaded ready to re-thread or threaded up with 4 spools of thread (we recommend polyester sew-all thread for overlocking)
- Overlocker accessories including screwdrivers and tweezers
- A make-up brush or similar for cleaning your machine
- Ruler/tape measure
- Fabric marking pens/chalk
- Sharp fabric scissors
- Pins or wonder clips and basic sewing kit
We will be demonstrating using Brother Overlockers in this workshop but the guidance is applicable to all makes and models.
Please let us know the make and model name/number of your overlocker in the comments when booking this class.
You will also receive:
- Zoom set-up guide
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking.