Live Online Workshop - Introduction to English Paper Piecing Patchwork
Sorry, out of stock
This is a Live Online Workshop - Learn a new craft at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
In this 1 hour long tutored online class you will learn how to do hexagon patchwork using English paper piecing techniques.
Our expert tutor Elizabeth will teach you the basics with clear demonstrations throughout and troubleshooting and help every step of the way.
What you will learn:
- How to prepare your own papers
- How to cut and prepare your fabric
- How to baste the fabric onto the paper templates
- Different stitches and Knots for joining the hexis
You will need to provide your own materials and equipment for this project.
You will need:
- Fabric scraps at least 1/2”bigger than the hexagon size on all sides
- Thread snips
- Fabric scissors
- Needle- any will do but Milliners needles are ideal- they're sharps but a bit longer
- Thread - hand sewing or hand quilting thread will save you some time as you won't need to wax it
- Hexagon papers
The size of the hexagon is measured along a straight edge, not across the hexagon.
Useful items to have as well:
- wonder clips
- hole punch
- thread conditioner/wax and needle threader if needed
- If you want to use a different thread for basting the hexies then you can, this thread will be removed
A zoom set-up guide will be sent to you before the class to help you access the class and we will be available before the class for any help with connection and getting set up.