Live Online Workshop - Learn Free-motion Quilting
Sorry, out of stock
This is a Live Online Workshop - Learn to Sew at Home with us! Find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work HERE
BOOK NOW! Bookings which include materials packs close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday or Friday.
In this 2.5 hour long tutored live online class you will learn the art of free-motion quilting, one of our tutor Elizabeth’s favourite techniques!
She will show you how to master the skill and why she loves this versatile and fun way of quilting your projects.
What you will learn:
- How to layer your fabrics
- Quilting using the stippling technique and free shapes
- Make a sturdy quilted basket with loose lining and self fabric binding
You will need to provide your own materials for this workshop. You will need:
- 50cm of 110cm wide Fabric for the outer
- 50cm of 110cm wide Fabric for the lining
- 50cm x 100cm quilt Wadding (we recommend poly-cotton mix wadding)
- A sewing machine with feed dog covers or the ability to drop the feed dogs - please email us to ask for advice if you are not sure if your machine is suitable
- Free-motion/ quilting/darning foot for your sewing machine
- Thread, marking pen, pencil or chalk, sharp fabric scissors, basic sewing kit
You will also receive:
- Sewing kit list
- Zoom set-up guide
Please note: No refunds are available for this booking less than 7 days before the workshop unless we have to cancel. Please see our full refunds policy for details.