Live Online Workshop - Make an apron
This is a Live Online Workshop - Sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work, click HERE.
In this class you’ll make a useful traditional apron with a patch pocket. You can choose to make an adults or childs apron. This is a great follow-on project for beginner sewers who have attended our Start As You Mean To Sew On class.
Great gift idea: Why not order extra fabric to make a set of matching aprons for all the Family!
BOOK NOW for workshops including materials! If you choose this option, we’ll send you a fabric and materials kit in the post. You get to choose from the following fabrics for your apron:
Please let us know what fabric you would like us to send you in the comments section in the checkout.
In this class you’ll learn:
- How to join the seams and neaten the edges
- How to make ties
- How to make a patch pocket
- How to hem including how to sew an hem on a curved edge
We’ll send you:
- 1m cotton fabric
You’ll also need:
- Some thread
- Some sharp fabric scissors
- A sewing machine with straight stitches and a universal needle
- An iron and an ironing board
- Some pins and basic sewing kit (a kit list will be sent to you)
- Details of any preparation required
- A PDF pattern which you will need to be print and assemble (if you would like us to send you a paper copy you can purchase this here)
- Instructions for the class
- A sewing kit list
- A Zoom video set-up guide
We will send you your workshop zoom link on the day of the workshop
You also have the option to ‘bring’ your own kit. You will need to make sure you have the above materials.
Bookings that include a materials kit close at midnight 7 days before the workshop so we have time to post out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday. You can book a BYO materials place up to the date of the workshop.
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking less than 10 days before the workshop unless we have to cancel. Please see our full refunds policy for details.