This course will be taught by either Tracy or Sarah. Sarah Wadey is the founder and co-partner of Crafty Sew&So. She has many years of sewing and design industry experience and is passionate about encouraging learning by sharing her skills with others. Tracy Corns runs an embroidery business, Sew Nothing's Impossible, and teaches sewing at venues in Leicestershire. Tracy has been sewing since childhood and loves making unique items, using beautiful fabric combinations.
Live Online Workshop - Patchwork Memory Cushion
This is a Live Online Workshop - Sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work, click HERE.
In this class you’ll learn how to re-purpose treasured garments into a lovely patchwork memory cushion. You may choose to use the techniques you learn to make full size quilt following the class.
Great gift idea: The gift of a memory cushion for a loved one is full of thought and love. Why not gift one to a special person to celebrate a significant birthday!
BOOK NOW for workshops including materials! If you choose this option, we’ll send you a fabric and materials kit in the post. You get to choose from the following fabrics for your cushion back:
Please let us know what fabric you would like us to send you in the comments section in the checkout.
In this class you’ll learn:
- How to use fusible woven cotton interfacing to stabilise your fabrics
- How to use a rotary cutter to accurately cut your fabric squares
- How to sew a patchwork top
- How to quilt your work using the quilt-as-you-go method
- How to make an envelope cushion back
- 100cm x 110cm wide cotton fabric (you choose this fabric)
- 50cm x 90cm wide fusible cotton interfacing
- 50cm x 50cm wide cotton- poly mix wadding
You’ll also need:
- Some thread
- Some sharp fabric scissors
- A rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat
- A sewing machine with straight stitches and a universal needle
- A walking foot will be useful but is not essential
- An iron and an ironing board
- Some pins and basic sewing kit (a kit list will be sent to you)
- Details of the prep work required for the class
- Your instructions for the class
- A guide to sewing woven fabrics
- A sewing kit list
- A Zoom video set-up guide
You also have the option to ‘bring’ your own kit. We will send you the pattern as a pdf file. You will need to make sure you have the materials above.
Your workshop zoom link will be sent by email on the morning of the workshop.Bookings that include a materials kit close at midnight 7 days before the workshop so we have time to post out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday. You can book a BYO materials place up to the date of the workshop.
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking less than 10 days before the workshop unless we have to cancel. Please see our full refunds policy for details.