Live Online Workshop - Quilted coasters taster class
Sorry, out of stock
This is a Live Online Workshop - Sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
In this 1 hour long tutored online class you will make a set of coasters and learn how to use a rotary cutter, ruler and mat, cut neat and even squares and master basic straight line quilting. This is an ideal introduction to quilting and using patchwork tools and a great foundation for our introduction to Patchwork and quilting 2 week course.
What you will learn:
- How to measure and cut fabric precisely using a rotary cutter and ruler
- How to layer and sew fabric and wadding then bag out the coaster to hide the raw edges
- Straight line quilting and spacing
You will need to provide your own materials and equipment for this project.
you will get the most out of this session if you have a rotary cutter, ruler and mat but alternatively you can use sharp fabric scissors, a ruler and a marking pen.
You will need:
- 1/4 m cotton fabric- you may wish to use 2 contrasting fabrics.
- 1/4 m Wadding or scraps at least 4 X 4 inches
- rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat
- or Sharp fabric scissors, Ruler and marking pens/chalk
- Sewing machine with straight stitches and a universal needle
- Pins and basic sewing kit
A set up guide will be sent to you before the class so you can be fully prepared.
You will also receive:
- Sewing kit list
- Zoom video set-up guide
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking.