This course will be taught by either Tracy or Sarah. Sarah Wadey is the founder and co-partner of Crafty Sew&So. She has many years of sewing and design industry experience and is passionate about encouraging learning by sharing her skills with others. Tracy Corns runs an embroidery business, Sew Nothing's Impossible, and teaches sewing at venues in Leicestershire. Tracy has been sewing since childhood and loves making unique items, using beautiful fabric combinations.
Live Online Workshop - Shopping bag
BOOK NOW! Bookings close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday.
This is a Live Online Workshop - Sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
This strong shopping bag is perfect for carrying your weekly shopping... Or your crafting supplies!
The square shape created by a clever gusseted base makes it convenient for carrying bulky items. The bag is fully lined with strong cotton herringbone tape handles and interlining for stability and strength.
What you will learn:
- Work with wadding as an interlining.
- Attach strong straps to a bag.
- Box out corners to create a gusseted base
What is included:
- 50cm Fabric for the outer and for the lining
- 1.5m 4cm wide cotton webbing tape
- 50cm x 1m Wadding
- Your pattern and instructions
A fabric and materials kit is provided for this project. This will be posted to you straight after booking.
Please let us know what kit you would like in the comments section when booking. Choose 2 fabrics from this collection:
You’ll also need:
- Some thread
- Some sharp fabric scissors
- A sewing machine with straight stitches and a universal needle
- An iron and an ironing board
- Some pins and basic sewing kit (a kit list will be sent to you)
- A pattern to make 2 sizes in pdf format (we'll make the small basket in the class)
- A guide to sewing woven fabrics
- A sewing kit list
- A Zoom video set-up guide
You also have the option to ‘bring’ your own kit. We will send you the pattern as a pdf file. You will need to make sure you have materials above.
Bookings that include a materials kit close at midnight 7 days before the workshop so we have time to post out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday. You can book a BYO materials place up to the date of the workshop.
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking less than 10 days before the workshop unless we have to cancel. Please see our full refunds policy for details.