Live Online Workshop - Sleepshorts
Sorry, out of stock
BOOK NOW! Bookings close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday.
This is a Live Online Workshop - Sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
In this 2.5 hour long tutored online class you will make super comfy elasticated sleep shorts for men or women using our roomy and relaxed pattern available in sizes XS to XL.
This is a perfect quick make project for new dressmakers
Children age 12+ are welcome to attend this workshop with a participating adult
This workshop will teach you how to:
- Use a template/pattern
- Cut fabric
- Create neatened seams with the correct seam allowance
- Make a channel and insert elastic at the waist
- Hem your shorts
Some preparation before the class will be required. You will need access to a printer to print the pattern.
A fabric and materials kit is provided for this project. This will be posted to you straight after booking.
Choose from the following fabrics for your shorts:
Please let us know what kit you would like in the comments section when booking.
You also have the option to provide your own kit. You will need to make sure you have the following materials.
Your kit includes:
- Instructions and pattern
- 1.25m fabric
- 1m of 2.5cm wide elastic
- Ribbon/tape for mock-tie
You will need:
- Ruler and marking pens/chalk
- Sharp fabric scissors
- Elastic threader or large sturdy safety pin
- Sewing machine with straight stitches and a universal needle
- Iron and an ironing board
- Pins and basic sewing kit (a kit list will be sent to you)
You will also receive:
- Guide to using PDF patterns
- Guide to preparing your pattern and cutting your fabric
- Sewing kit list
- Zoom set-up guide
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking.