Live Online Workshop - Soft fabric basket
BOOK NOW! Bookings to include a materials kit close at midnight 7 days before the workshop to allow for posting out your materials pack. Book by the previous Sunday for classes on Saturday and book by the previous Thursday for classes on Thursday. You can book a BYO materials place up to the date of the workshop.
This is a Live Online Workshop - Sew at home with us! To find out more about how our Live Online Workshops work click HERE
In this 1.5 hour long tutored online class you will make a practical and pretty fabric basket using cotton fabrics and wadding. This is a great follow-on project for beginner sewers who have attended our Start As You Mean To Sew On class
Great gift idea: These lovely fabric baskets make a great reusable hamper! Just fill with bath treats, foodie delights or what about a "girls night in" hamper with popcorn, a DVD and cosy slippers? Or a box of sewing goodies for a fellow sewing friend?
What you will learn:
- How to cut out fabric and wadding using a template
- How to layer fabrics to create a lined padded box
- How to stitch through thick layers of fabric
- How to box out corners
A fabric and materials kit is provided for this project. This will be posted to you straight after booking.
Please let us know what kit you would like in the comments section when booking. Choose from:
- Fun Animals
- Frida Kahlo Forever
- Zumba Floral
- Linen stripes (blue and white)
You also have the option to provide your own kit. You will need to make sure you have the following materials...
Your kit includes:
- Pattern to make 2 sizes (we will make a small one in the class)
You will need:
- Sharp fabric scissors
- Sewing machine with straight stitches and a universal needle
- Iron and an ironing board
- Pins and basic sewing kit (a kit list will be sent to you)
You will also receive:
- Guide to sewing woven fabrics
- Sewing kit list
- Zoom video set-up guide
Please note: Because we are sending your materials before the class no refunds are available for this booking.