Make a Cosy Jersey Tunic, Dress or Jumper in our Studio
Make a cosy Jersey tunic, dress or jumper with us in the Crafty Studio!
Learn how to sew with stretchy jersey and sweat fabrics and make our best-selling pattern in this fun full day class!
We'll start at the very beginning with a full run through the sewing pattern and then we'll go over how to measure yourself and choose what size to make.
We'll help you use the paper pattern to cut your fabric accurately and then we'll dive into making your tunic, dress or jumper! This course will equip you with all the skills you need for many jersey garment sewing projects to come!
The course fee includes your paper patterns, all equipment and teaching in a small group with an experienced, knowledgable and friendly tutor.
This class is open sewists of all genders and is suitable for ages 12 years and up. Young adults age 12-16 years will need to attend with a paying adult.
You have the choice to bring your own machine or use our workshop machines.
What's included in the workshop?
- Paper copies of your sewing patterns
- All notions required (fastenings, threads etc)
- All tools and equipment including our studio machines
- A useful handout to remind you of what you have learnt for future garment sewing projects
What will I need to bring?
- 2-3m single jersey or ponti roma or similar fabric for the dress
- OR 2-2.5m sweat, fleece or similar fabric for the jumper or tunic
- You can choose to use our studio machines or bring your own machine. Please let us know in the comments at the checkout if you will bring your own.
Everything else including refreshments, equipment and other materials will be provided.
Learn ALL these essentials skills!
- Essential details in a sewing pattern
- Preparing the paper pattern
- How to measure yourself and choose the right size
- Cutting stretch fabric using a pattern
- Using pattern instructions
- Working with jersey/knit fabrics
- Option to use a sewing machine or an overlocker if you have some previous experience
If you need help choosing the best fabric for your project do get in touch, we'll be happy to help.
Following this beginners class, you can join us for Crafty Sewing Sundays, our monthly group sewing sessions in the studio! Bring your own projects and spend the day immersed in creativity!
We are a Covid-19 Secure venue and have implemented all government guidelines.
How Covid Safe works in the Crafty Sew & So Studio:
Please take a good look at our Covid-secure page for all the up to date details.
You’ll receive a confirmation email upon booking and you’ll also receive a reminder email in the week before your class. If you don’t receive these, please check your junk/spam folder.