Redward Tote Bag Workshop
Join us for our new accessories workshop, sew your own tote bag!
We will be using the Redward Tote Pattern by Noodle-Head.
A useful and fun bag to make! A mid-sized crossbody tote with front zippered pocket, back slip pocket, zip top closure and reinforced base. This will be your go-to bag for everyday use! The handy short handles make for easy grabbing and the crossbody keeps you hands free! This bag is great for traveling and is perfect for keeping organized. You’ll love this tote!
- front zippered pocket
- top zipper for keeping everything secure
- back slip pocket
- interior slip pocket
- crossbody adjustable strap
- short handles for easy grab and go
- reinforced base!
What you will learn:
- Make a lined bag
- Attach fabric handles and bag closures using hardware
- Attach a zipped pocket
- Box out corners of a bag.
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric. Fat quarter = 18” tall x 21” wide
- 1/2 yard Exterior Fabric (two fat quarters may be used)
- 1/3 yard Accent Fabric (includes Reinforced Base, Handles, and Strap)
- 1 yard (¾ yard if using non-directional fabric) Lining Fabric
- 2 1/2 yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20”-wide)
- (1) 6” zipper* for front pocket
- (1) 12” zipper for top closure
- (2) 1”-wide d-rings, (2) 1”-wide swivel clasps AND (1) 1”-wide strap slider (kit available here)
- 2” x 11” piece of heavyweight interfacing for Reinforced Base (Pellon Peltex 72F or equivalent recommended)
Recommended Fabrics: Canvas (7-9 oz. weight) for exterior fabric. Quilting cotton for Accent and Lining.
**Waxed canvas may also be used for exterior fabric, reduce fusible interfacing requirement to 1 ¾ yards and do not interface the exterior fabric pieces.
All photos are property of Noodle-Head.