Patchwork and Quilting: Christmas Ribbon Patchwork Table Runner
Build on the basics of patchwork including a refresher on how to use a rotary cutter and sew precise 1/4 inch seams to make a fun patchwork table runner in fabrics of your choice.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- BUild confidence using a rotary cutter ruler and cutting mat for speedy cutting
- Sew precise 1/4 inch seams and points
- Make half square triangles quickly and simply
- Create an impressive "quilt top"
- Finish with quilting, and binding - essential skills for creating bigger quilts in the future
What is included:
- Use of all machines and equipment
- Thread and wadding
- Tea and biscuits
What you need to bring:
- Fabric- you will need 50cm each of 2 cotton fabrics - ideally one plain and one print.
- 50cm cotton fabric for backing
About your tutor:
Elizabeth Hirst is passionate about working with textiles and enjoys finding little cheats to make quilting more efficient and fun. She particularly enjoys free motion quilting and teaching this fabulous technique as well as a full range of Patchwork and Quilting techniques to others.
There is a maximum of 4 guests in this workshop.