Dressmaking - Jersey top with the Agnes pattern by Tilly and the Buttons
Learn how to sew with jersey fabric on a regular sewing machine to make a fabulous Tilly and the Buttons Agnes top.
The design features optional elasticated gathered bust or sleeve details for a modern and stylish look.
What you will learn:
- Measure your body and select the correct size to cut out.
- Lay and cut your pattern pieces following the lay plans
- Make up the top following the detailed and clear pattern instructions with extra explanation and demonstration of specific techniques where required.
- Check the fit of the garment throughout the process
- Learn to sew stretch jersey fabric with ease
- Sewing, finishing and pressing techniques for a professional finish
What is included:
- Use of all machines and equipment
- Your pattern worth £12.50
- Elastic and thread
- Expert tuition and guidance throughout
- Tea and biscuits
You will need to bring or buy from our shop:
Fabric – 1.5m (1 5/8 yards) x 147cm (58in) wide for all sizes
OR 1.5m (1 5/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide for sizes 1-5
OR 2.3m (2½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide for sizes 6-8
of Stretch jersey fabric.
Fabric suggestions: Light- to medium-weight stretch-knit fabrics, such as cotton elastane jersey, viscose jersey or wool jersey. Check that the fabric can be stretched crosswise at least 25% wider than its original width.
For beginners, we recommend selecting a cotton interlock jersey or medium weight cotton-elastane jersey as lighter-weight jerseys are harder to sew.
We recommend that all fabrics to be used for dressmaking are pre-washed to avoid shrinkage so please buy your fabric ahead of the class to allow time for this.
All equipment, interfacing, standard trims and thread are provided in this workshop but you will need to provide your own fabric (please see fabric requirements)
We will take a short break for lunch so please bring food or money to buy lunch in one of the lovely local cafes nearby.