Techniques - Freehand Machine Embroidery for beginners
Freehand (also called Free-motion) machine embroidery is a very useful skill for quilters and a creative tool for textile artists. It's also a LOT of fun!
Drawing with your sewing machine is a fun way to create embroidered works of art and embellishments. Ready to learn how to free-motion embroider using your sewing machine? We’re here to show you!
This class is for beginners to this fun new technique.
In this class, we will spend a short time running through how to set up the machine, prepare your fabric and practice the technique. You will then embroider and appliqué your own design onto fabric.
What you will learn:
- How to set up the sewing machine for freehand machine embroidery including lowering the feed dogs and attaching the embroidery foot
- Hoop up your fabric using a stabiliser
- Practice freehand embroidery techniques
- Draw and create your own design freehand or use templates provided
What is included:
- Thread, fabric and all equipment required
- Your instructions
- Tea and biscuits
You will need to bring or buy from our shop:
Nothing, just yourself!
All equipment and fabrics/materials are included for this workshop
Embroidery hoops, Brother embroidery feet, threads and stabilisers are all available to buy from the shop to continue your new skill at home