This workshop will be taught by either Tracy or Sarah. Sarah Wadey is the founder and co-partner of Crafty Sew&So. She has many years of sewing and design industry experience and is passionate about encouraging learning by sharing her skills with others. Tracy Corns runs an embroidery business, Sew Nothing's Impossible, and teaches sewing at venues in Leicestershire. Tracy has been sewing since childhood and loves making unique items, using beautiful fabric combinations.
Learn essential dressmaking and craft sewing techniques and conquer zips on a Half Day workshop in the Crafty Studio!
This skills master-class will improve your sewing skills and techniques. Through demonstrations and practical hands-on experience you will learn 3 simple ways for inserting the following zips:
- Regular zip (for skirts and dresses)
- Invisible/concealed zip (many uses for homewares and dressmaking)
- Tab ended zip (for cushion covers and bags)
What you will learn:
- Use an invisible zip foot to insert an invisible (concealed) zip
- Apply zip end tabs to insert a zip easily into a bag or cushion cover
- Quickly and simply fit a regular dress or skirt zip
- Use of all machines and equipment
- Fabric and zips for sampling
- Tea and biscuits
You will need to bring or buy from our shop:
Nothing, just yourself!
This workshop is being held at our Studio in The Makers Yard. Our Studio is within a beautiful listed building that was once a thriving hosiery factory!
We're excited to have restarted our workshops after lockdown! Please read our Covid policy before booking to ensure you are happy with the additional safety measures we will be taking during the class.
There is a maximum of 6 guests in this workshop.