Terms and Conditions
This website is operated by Crafty Sew & So. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Crafty Sew & So. Crafty Sew & So offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our services, including purchasing products (“Products”) and booking in to workshops (“Workshops”) and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”). These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Our store is hosted on Shopify.com. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
2. Your Status
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you warrant that:
(a) You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
(b) You are at least 18 years old;
3. How the contract is formed between you and us
Once you have placed an order (Order) for Products or request a reservation for a Workshop place, you will receive an email to confirm we have received your order. This email does not mean your Order has been accepted. Your Order is subject to acceptance by us, and we shall confirm acceptance by sending you an email which confirms;
When you have purchased a Product, the Product has been Dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation.)
When you have booked a Workshop Space you will not receive an email prior to the Workshop, unless we have to change or cancel the Workshop, a right we reserve below.
If you purchase Products from our website that are out of stock we all inform you via email of the next expected delivery date. We are not obliged to supply any products which may have been a part of your original Order until the dispatch of such products has been confirmed via Dispatch Confirmation.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any colour will be accurate.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
4. Consumer Rights - Cancellation
4.1 Purchases of Products
You have the right to cancel your Purchase at any time within seven working days, beginning the day after you receive the purchase. In this case you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the products in accordance with our refund policy- see below.
To cancel a Purchase you must inform us in writing. You must also return the Products to us immediately. The product must be returned to us in the same condition in which you received them, at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
Details of your statutory rights in this situation are outlined in the Dispatch Confirmation. This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
4.2 Booking a Workshop
All Workshops and private lessons are to be paid for in advance via PayPal unless prior agreed with Crafty Sew&So.
Refunds are available up to 30 days in advance of the event date and up to 7 days after the original booking.
Workshop bookings are eligible for date changes or exchanges up to 14 days in advance of workshop date. You must inform us in writing for any changes you wish to make. While we will endeavour to accommodate all requests, we cannot guarantee a suitable workshop at a date which suits all parties will be available.
We cannot offer refunds or exchanges or alternative dates if notice is given less than 7 days in advance of a workshop or class.
4.3 Workshops are planned to allow reasonable time to complete the project with some socialising time factored in, you are expected to work at a reasonable pace so if projects are not completed you should expect to complete the project in your own time. You may complete your unfinished project at a "sewing cafe session", this will be payable at the advertised rate.
4.4 For workshops costing £120 or more, a payment plan can be put in place with prior agreement. Payment plans require 50% of the total workshop cost to be paid at time of booking, with the remaining payment due 7 days before workshop date. Deposits on workshops are non-refundable.
Delivery costs are calculated based on the total value of your order and are displaced prior to final check out. Parcels are posted using Royal Mail or Parcel2Go.
We aim to post parcels as soon as possible after Dispatch Confirmation, this is excluding Sundays and Mondays. Order will be delivered to the delivery address and person you provide at at the time you place the order.
We accept no liability for any delay resulting from something which is the responsibility of the Royal Mail or Parcel2Go.
The price of Products and Workshops will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
All prices are stated inclusive of VAT were applicable, but exclusive of delivery which will be calculated at the time of check out.
We are only able at this time to trade in the UK using pounds sterling.
Despite our best efforts, on occasion it is possible that Products or Workshops listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will notify you before sending a Dispatch Confirmation if we notice any errors in pricing. Where a Product or Workshop has been listed incorrectly at a lower price, we will charge the lower amount. Where a Product or Workshop has been listed incorrectly at a higher price, we will contact you for instructions prior to dispatch or cancel the order and notify you of the reasons for the rejection.
We are under no obligation to provide the Product or reserve a Workshop place at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation or Reservation Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
Payment for all Products or Workshop places booked on line must be paid through PayPal using a valid credit or debit card, unless we otherwise agree. We will not despatch your order or reserve your Workshop place until we have received confirmation of payment. If you wish to pay by a different method, please do contact us and we will try to oblige.
7. Party Bookings
A 50% deposit will be required at the time of booking and 50% 30 days before the event. The fee agreed at the time of the booking is non-negotiable. Party cancellations up to 30 days before the event are refundable minus £50 admin fee. Refunds are not possible if the party is cancelled with less than 30 days notice.
If you need to change the date we will attempt to find an alternative date but this may not be possible. Changes to the booking (times, numbers, location) can often be accommodated but may be subject to additional fees.
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a party due to illness we will provide an alternative tutor if possible or refund in full.
For your own safety, we request that no alcohol is drunk before or during adult's parties where sewing machines are used.
8. Our Right to Cancel a Workshop
In exceptional circumstances, we may unfortunately have to cancel a Workshop.
8.1 In normal circumstances, if that does occur due to our own sickness/availability, we will give you as much prior notice as possible and will refund your booking fee or see if we can accommodate you on an alternative date if you prefer. Unfortunately, we cannot accept any liability for travel or other costs.
8.2 COVID-19 Update: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we are are unable to fulfil face-to-face workshops bookings. All workshop bookings will be reimbursed with a credit voucher emailed to the booking email address used at the time of booking. The voucher is subject to the same Terms and Conditions as all Crafty Sew&So gift vouchers and can be used for online purchases of product, events and live online workshops.
9. Modifications to the Services and Prices
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time *see clause 10.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
10. Gift Vouchers
Refunds are not available on gift vouchers.
This voucher can be spent on any of the products or services offered at Crafty Sew and So.
Gift Vouchers no longer have an expiry date, this is true for all outstanding vouchers, at our discretion. Vouchers can be purchased online and they will be sent via email.
Gift vouchers are redeemable for workshops or products only and cannot be redeemed for cash. Change will not be given if it is exchanged for goods purchased less than its face value. Gift vouchers or gift cards which are defaced, altered or cancelled will not be accepted by Crafty Sew & So.
Copies will not be accepted. Gift voucher codes must be surrendered upon purchase and will be retained by Crafty Sew and So.
From time to time we offer discounts and price reductions on our products. These are at our discretion and can be removed at any time. Product codes may be used for online orders only, and are not applicable after an order has been placed. All product codes are bound by a limited time frame and cannot be redeemed after stated end date. Only one discount code can be used per order, and discounts are not applicable to products already reduced. We reserve the right to change these t&cs as necessary. We reserve the right to withdraw any offers at any time.
21. Prize Draws and Give Aways
- The promoter is: Crafty Sew & So whose registered office is at Studio 8, The Makers Yard, Rutland St, Leicester, LE1 1SB
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Crafty Sew & So and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via our blog, and our social media platforms, including Instagram and Facebook.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person on each platform. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be stated on each competition blog post or social media post. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are stated on the relevant blog post, which will be referred to on any external social media posts.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize for each promotion will be made clear on the announcement blog post and any social media promotions of the competition.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen within a week of the end date of the competition and at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents, unless stated otherwise on the entry page.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.